Yes, that’s right . . . CalHIPSO offers a free educational membership to any clinician, their practice managers and office staff. Learn more
Subsidized REC Membership | No cost | Limited availability
CalHIPSO is a federally designated Regional Extension Center (REC) that provides subsidized technical services to qualified members to assist with their implementation and successful utilization of an EHR. We are able to provide these services, at no cost to 6,187 providers, through funding provided by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC).
You may qualify for these services if you are a Priority Primary Care Provider (PPCP)
Priority Primary Care Providers (PPCP) qualify for subsidized technical services and are defined as:
A prescribing primary health care provider (MD, DO, PA, NP, CNMW) working in one of the following settings:
- Small private physician practices of 10 providers or less
- Community health centers, primary care clinics and rural health clinics
- Ambulatory care clinics associated with public hospitals, critical access and rural hospitals
- Other medically underserved settings, which include any of the following:
- Practices with 30% or more Medi-Cal and uninsured patients combined (uninsured includes sliding fee scale and uncompensated care)
- Free clinics and 1204a licensed clinics
- Practices in Primary Care Health Professional Shortage Areas or Medically Underserved Areas, as defined by the US Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
*Certain limitations apply to quantity of ‘free’ services provided per practice.