The services provided by CalHIPSO’s Technical Services Unit (TSU) are offered at low or no cost to qualified providers or at an affordable rate to provider members who do not qualify for subsidized regional extension center services.
The TSU provides professional, executive level advice and support for our clients with respect to their preparedness for EHR adoption and HIT readiness. Whether it is new regulatory compliance or quality improvement initiatives focused on healthcare, our TSU’s experienced staff can assist in identifying the specific goals, objectives and strategies for what is needed and what will work at the point of care. Those services may include:
- EHR implementation practice readiness assessment and plan
- Assistance with EHR vendor selection
- EHR implementation project support
- Meaningful Use readiness assessment and plan
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 registration assistance
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 attestation assistance
- Project oversight and quality assurance
- End-user training
Technical Services are provided by our experienced Local Extension Centers (LECs) and our vast Service Partner Network. Our 10 LECs are located all throughout the state and have a network of over 100 Service Partners with whom they can contract to ensure quality service delivery to every CalHIPSO member.
C-LEC: In addition to our 10 LECs CalHIPSO also services providers directly out of the CalHIPSO office through the C-LEC Program.