Mission: Partner with California’s clinical providers to transform health care delivery through the effective use of technology to: achieve high-quality, efficient health care services, support care coordination and promote health reform.
Vision: CalHIPSO serves as California’s health information resource to support the effective use of electronic health information to continuously improve care quality and deliver efficient services.
- Equitable – CalHIPSO funding will be allocated broadly and fairly for services provided and value added.
- Inclusive – Outreach will be done to priority primary care providers to enable them easily access services and enabling many different types of partners to play a role according to the expertise and skill sets they have to offer.
- Transparent and Accountable – The assumptions and reasoning behind our service model will be clear and valid, with accountability easily identifiable and quality assurance built in.
- Sustainable – Services must contribute to overall CalHIPSO sustainability by allocating risk and rewards equitably over both the short- and long-term to our partners.
- Build Capacity – CalHIPSO seeks to build lasting capacity in the field to transform health care over the coming years.
- Leverage – CalHIPSO will leverage existing materials, tools, methodologies and work done by the founding partners as well as others in the state in order to increase efficiency, and build on existing assets.